What You’ll Learn
If you struggle with editing photos in Lightroom and can’t seem to get your colors right, or your images lack depth, this is the course for you. In this course, David will de-mystify colors and tones in Lightroom. By separating colors from tones you can better understand and visualize how the adjustments you make on the raw file affect the final image.
Topics covered in this course:
- What are tones and why it is beneficial to remove the color temporarily to adjust them.
- Overview of Ansel Adams Zone System and why parts of it are pertinent to digital photography.
- How to use the Histogram with the Zone System to prevent loss of detail in the shadows and highlights.
- Creating Tonal Contrast and why it is important to create images that have life and depth.
- Understanding white balance by studying landscape painters and how they used cool shadows and warm highlights to create depth.
- Using extreme saturation temporarily to help visualize white balance.
- 20 examples in Lightroom showcasing a variety of subjects including grand landscapes and small scenes.
- Make your Lightroom workflow quick and easy using these simple methods to create stunning results.
- Zone System
- Bringing the Zone System and the Histogram Together
- Tonal Contrast
- Color and White Balance
- Lightroom Techniques
- Badlands Example
- Aspen Trees Example
- Green Leaves Example
- Aspen Leaves Example
- Twilight Aspen Example
- Mud Cracks Example
- Badlands First Light Example
- Badlands Twilight Example
- Badwater Example
- White Pocket Example
- Rocky Mountain National Park Example
- Death Valley Mud Cracks Example
- Alabama Hills Example
- Waterfall Example
- Waterfall and Columbines Example
- Zion Narrows Example
- Death Valley Example
- Twilight Sand Dunes Example
- Stormy Sand Dunes Example
Purchase all videos and take a 30% discount. Simply click the button below to add all the videos to your cart, no discount code necessary.
If you only want to buy 2 or 3 of the videos add them to your cart individually, and during checkout use the code BUNDLE10 to take 10% off.